Mixing it up

September 30th, 2009 · 11 Comments

This is going to be one of those “little bit of this, little bit of that” posts.

Here are the monkeys heading off for their first day of kindergarten..

1stdaykg

Aren’t they cute? ¬†Okay, so this picture is almost a month old at this point. ¬†They’ve been doing very well, getting homework every night except Friday and are generally enjoying it. ¬†Last week they had a class field trip to the Museum of Natural History in NYC. ¬†Mom went as a¬†chaperon/helper type.

They are still at the center where they spent the last two years in Pre-K. ¬†My town does not have full day KG so this offered the best option for us. ¬†The program is fully accredited and children usually come out of it way ahead of their public school future classmates. ¬†It also offered the advantage of being able to transition into the KG class for summer camp. ¬†They joined this group right after graduation in June so they were more than ready for a day without a nap. ¬†Sort of. ¬† Once school started, Kat was wiped out and on more than a few nights, she’s punked out way early. ¬†Its all good though.

I took the monkeys to the Garden State Sheep Breeders show a couple of weeks back. ¬†The car is amazing still covered in mud from the field. ¬†The recent rain hasn’t cleaned it. ¬†I’m going to have to suck it up and wash it 😉 ¬†Anyway, we had a good time at the festival. ¬†Its the perfect size for bringing the monkeys to before their heads explode. ¬†I forgot to take pictures. ¬†Again. ¬†Yes. ¬†But I did get this one:

gssb2009

Again, how cute are they? 🙂 ¬†There was some stash enhancement, but needless to say no pictures of it.

In other news, I need to update the herd status.  There have been some transactions with regards to the spinning wheels.

This wheel?

tat_in_progressSOLD.

This wheel?

p-1600-1200-4ef8db99-dcb8-4fee-ace5-2dfee14330d9.jpeg

SOLD.

This wheel?

new_wheel

BOUGHT 🙂

It was requested that I provide a closer up view of Fair Isle.  You asked for it:

fair_isle_on

Taken this morning in the car (duh) while waiting for the train 🙂

Finally, with 17 days left until Rhinebeck, here is how Rhinebeck started off this morning:

rhinebeck_0930

It is approx 6.5″ at this point. ¬†The plain knitting starts at the 13″ mark. ¬†I’m getting there. ¬†I’ve found it is perfect knitting for playing Sims to while watching the ballgame. ¬†Yes I am a multitasker 😉

Please follow and like us:

Tags: Adult · Family · Stash Enhancement

• 1 Dorre // Sep 30, 2009 at 3:28 pm

cute little sheeps 🙂

• 2 Manise // Sep 30, 2009 at 4:32 pm

I can’t believe you sold the Reeves Frame Wheel! Looks like they’ve gone up in value quite a bit. Love your Rhinebeck.

• 3 Caffeine Girl // Oct 1, 2009 at 8:15 am

I’m blown away by the fair isle!

The kid are darling, especially as sheep. I never complained about a kid coming home tired from kindergarten!

• 4 JessaLu // Oct 1, 2009 at 10:47 am

Cute kids! :o))

Love the Fair Isle! Yay for Kromskis!!

Now you need to send the Sonata up here so I can have Don put a tat on her for you. ;op

• 5 Hillary // Oct 1, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Oh a Kromski. Yay! My latest wheel is a Sonata too. You’ll have to tell me how you find it. It’s taking a bit longer to get used to than my Lendrum but that’s just me.

The kids look so cute and your fair isle is gorgeous.

• 6 Kris // Oct 1, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Wow, the Rhinebeck sweater is really coming along. I can’t wait to see that one in person!

• 7 Elsie // Oct 1, 2009 at 11:44 pm

The kids are growing up way too fast! The Fair Isle is so pretty and that hand spun is great too!

• 8 Tina M. // Oct 2, 2009 at 11:15 am

Are you feeling old yet? 😛

So, did people pay more for the Victoria because of the sheep? Or did you have to lower the price? I’m betting they loved it.

I was initially surprised that you sold the second one, but I seem to remember a conversation with someone (perhaps even you!) about how it’s very similar to another wheel you have. Off to a new, loving home, and in with the new. May your new Sonata be click free ’cause I don’t think I can handle two frustrated click Sonata owners at WOOL next year.

Your sweaters are, of course, lovely. 🙂

• 9 Harriet // Oct 2, 2009 at 12:38 pm

Risa, the monkeys are getting cuter and cuter..but I have a very soft spot in my heart for boy and girl twins.

What do you think of the Sonata? Are you loving her? Now you have to get her tatted up!

• 10 Laurie // Oct 4, 2009 at 7:13 am

Yes, they continue to peg the cute-0-meter. Great shot of them in the sheep.

You are so virtuous. (I did love my try on a Sonata a few years back.)

• 11 Ina // Oct 5, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Your lambkins are totally adorable! Howabout a pic of the Sonata?