Finished!

April 2nd, 2009 · 7 Comments

I have completed my first quilt on the featherweight.

pink_quilt_done

The binding is a bit rough, the points aren’t perfect. ¬†I may be a super knitter but I’m a relative newbie to this quilting business. ¬†This is actually only my third one. ¬†It is the first that I machine quilted though I’m not sure if doing in the ditch quilting on a machine really counts as “quilting”. ¬†But there it is. ¬†

The quilt inspector had her review of it:

quilt_inspector

I guess the top of her head is better than her drippy eyes 😉 ¬†She’s a weird cat anyway.

Best yet, the quilt recipient is the happiest of all that it is done. ¬†She’s been toting it around with her, even took it to school yesterday to show it off.

recipient

She’s into folding things these days. ¬†Comes in handy when I do laundry 😉

Oh yeah, I still spin…

i_spin

Please follow and like us:

Tags: Quilting · Spinning

• 1 Tina M. // Apr 2, 2009 at 12:08 pm

It looks gorgeous, and so obviously loved! That’s a look of sheer joy there, bet you get a little melty on the inside when she does that.

Your cat still seriously freaks me out. 😛

• 2 Dorre // Apr 2, 2009 at 12:24 pm

I loves that quilt…. I’ve been wanting to try quilting for the longest, any resources (learn tos) you can suggest?

• 3 Cookie // Apr 2, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Well done! Of course, the ditch counts. Free motion quilting is something totally different than regular quilting.

Love the spinning!

• 4 JessaLu // Apr 3, 2009 at 1:02 am

What Cookie said. ;o)

Love the quilt – and that fiber looks familiar…

• 5 Vicki // Apr 3, 2009 at 11:51 am

It’s beautiful! And you can see the appreciation in both the little one’s faces…well, maybe a tiny bit less on the kitty. 🙂

I wish I could say that I still spin…between everything else (and I have 2 baby quilt tops ready to be sandwiched and quilted as we speak) I haven’t had a wheel out to spin on in probably over a year. Until my yarn stash gets a bit more managable, I’m not going to make any more.

• 6 misa // Apr 3, 2009 at 2:39 pm

Great job with the quilt! And yes, stitch in the ditch still counts as quilting. Any little mistakes you might see now will vanish as it’s used, and the recipient and the inspector obviously don’t care.

• 7 Chris // Apr 3, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Looks like you’re well on your way to your sewing rivaling your knitting. Nicely done! Love those colors in the spinning, too.