Can I get an Awwwww

April 15th, 2009 · 7 Comments

Isn’t this the cutest lil techie thing you’ve ever seen?

squirt

iPhone for scale 😉 ¬†yes, I know the iPhone plays music. ¬†I’ve been using it for music on and off since I bought the thing in August. ¬†However, the headphones get plugged in, they get removed repeat ad nauseum. ¬† Invariably the headphones are left where ever I am not resulting in more than a few commutes without headphones. ¬†Not to mention I don’t like draining my cell phone battery playing music.

And this¬†thing¬†is just sooooooo cute and wittle that I’ll barely notice its addition weight in my bag. ¬†Hey, I’m an Apple groupie (and shareholder now too thank you verymuch), gotta do my part 😉 ¬†Have to leave the headphones plugged in so I can find the sucker. ¬†Problem solved!

What else? ¬†Oh yeah. ¬†I noticed that my skinny little mini cat, Duchess, was even skinnier this weekend. ¬†She turned 12 in December so I was concerned. ¬†Dad got her to the vet yesterday where they knocked the little fireball out and took some blood. ¬†She’s got a super duper hyper active thyroid…. and now an account at CVS Pharmacy. ¬†

cvs

Boy did they give me a weird look when I picked it up last night. ¬†Yes, first name really is Duchess. ¬†So far she’s been pretty good about taking the pill. ¬†I’ve been embedding the little things in a small piece of meat. ¬†Good thing she doesn’t chew her food 😉

Thanks to the return of baseball, I now have plenty of sit around and watch tv or computer screen time.  Perfect for working on the EPS Fair Isle sweater.

fi_eps_415

I measured it this morning on the ferry and it is now just shy of 10″. ¬†Sweet.

Tags: EZ Patterns

• 1 Cookie // Apr 15, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww…

• 2 Ina // Apr 15, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Awww.

• 3 JessaLu // Apr 15, 2009 at 11:53 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwww…. ;op

• 4 Beth in STL // Apr 16, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Aww. Think I still prefer my Nano, though; makes it easier to find the knitting podcasts.

When we moved almost two years ago, we decided to put three of the four cats on Buspirone to prevent any marking behavior in the new house. Since it’s a human antidepressant, our vet couldn’t fill it, and we had to take it to WalMart. When you give them the prescription, they ask for the age of the patient. I told them two years old, the age of the youngest cat.

The ladies in the Pharmacy got a kick out of it after we explained why we were giving antidepressants to a toddler.

• 5 Carolyn // Apr 16, 2009 at 11:58 pm

I just started a February Lady sweater in Cascade 220 in a color that looks so similar. Mine is a heather shade though. I hope you are at FGG this weekend so we can compare.

• 6 janna // Apr 17, 2009 at 2:49 pm

I really want one of the new baby ipods, too, although I totally don’t need one! And I used to crush pills and mix them into a little yogurt or chicken baby food and feed it to the cats off a spoon. They just thought it was a treat!

• 7 fleegle // Apr 20, 2009 at 3:20 pm

I love my iPod Touch almost more than my ebony knitting needles 🙂

I also love the color of your sweater–dusty pink–yum! And no sewing.