Round and Round

October 28th, 2008 · 9 Comments

Just like the wheels on the bus, spinning wheels like to go round and round.  Mine are actually getting some regular usage now, for some odd reason.  I started last night after dinner in the den with my Vermonter, spinning up another 1/2 bobbin or so of the CVM roving whilst the kids played.

After they went to bed, I moved upstairs to the new girl…

My Reeves

My Reeves

She and I are making some pretty yahn together…

Zarzuela's Toasted Banana SW Merino

Zarzuela's Toasted Banana SW Merino

¬†For a change, the fiber is yelling at me what it wants to be when it grows up, this is my future Honeybee Stole (ravelry link). ¬†I have four oz of the stuff and fortunately Jessica had more. ¬†She delivered another 2 braids to me last night so I’m definitely going to have enough yardage in the end.

Just so you don’t think I’ve given up on knitting, I made excellent use of almost two hours in a webinar at the office yesterday. ¬†Rather than letting my attention wander or doodling as I normally do (and did during last week’s webinar) I took my sock in progress with me. ¬†I had cast on for the second of the little princess socks while sitting with Chris, made it through a couple of rows of the toe and left it. ¬†Well, I’m now past the heel working my way up the cuff. ¬†Sweet. ¬†Hope there’s another webinar soon :)

And here’s Kauni progress as of this morning. ¬†I’m just shy of halfway through the second sleeve now.

Second Sleeve Progress

Second Sleeve Progress

I’m pleased.

Tags: Kauni Damask · Spinning

• 1 Daniele // Oct 28, 2008 at 1:03 pm

I love how the Toasted Banana is spinning up! I’ve been thinking more about spinning lately than knitting, probably because I see all the beautiful fiber everyone’s spinning up, not to mention the spinning wheel pRon! Thanks for the inspiration! I know the stole will be gorgeous. :)

• 2 Jessica // Oct 28, 2008 at 1:44 pm

Looking good! I think that pattern would be interesting in DC Sunrise too.

• 3 Chris // Oct 28, 2008 at 2:24 pm

How wonderful to see the Reeves well loved! :) That toasted banana – yum.

• 4 Nancy // Oct 28, 2008 at 2:39 pm

I love the color tones in your Toasted Banana…it will be perfect for HoneyBee!

• 5 misa // Oct 28, 2008 at 6:23 pm

I love Kauni, it looks like candy to knit. Congrats on your new wheel, it looks like it’s yearning for yarn. I’m sorry I missed you at Rhinebeck too. I was at the fair on Sunday and it really wasn’t too crowded and there was still plenty of fiber to be had. Maybe I’ll get to see you next year because I am definitely heading back and not missing my exit.

• 6 Lizzy B // Oct 29, 2008 at 9:18 am

That yarn will make a GORGEOUS Honeybee!

In the effort of full disclosure, I have only 5 decreases to go on the 2nd Celtic Dreams Sleeve! I’ll take a photo tonight and whip up a post. :) It feels great to see it coming together doesn’t it? Maybe I’ll start spinning again soon. Koni’s chewing seems to be under control… (Famous last words I know…)

• 7 lynne s of oz // Oct 29, 2008 at 8:55 pm

Wow, I don’t swing by for three days and you have a new wheel! Looks great!

• 8 Marcia // Oct 30, 2008 at 9:17 am

I can’t wait to see that Kauni…it blows my mind that anyone can knit a pattern like that!

• 9 JessaLu // Oct 30, 2008 at 11:18 am

See? You’re almost done! ;o)

The Reeves is gorgeous…have I told you yet that I’m jealous? ;op