Lookee!

September 15th, 2006 · 13 Comments

Clapotis_1Lookee what I finished last night!  Clapotis is finis!  It took another hour after getting home from the SnB, but the knitting is done.  The ends are worked in and and she is ready to wear.  Oh yeah, blocking.  Uh huh.  See, I can finish things every now and again.  Good thing too as Elann has already shipped my Quechua 🙂

Clapotis

Pattern:  Here
Yarn:  Claudia Handpainted, Poppy colorway, just under 4 skeins
Started: 9/7/2006
Finished: 9/14/2006
Mods:  Only did 11 repeats of the straight section and it is plenty big.

I’m now planning on making MANY more of these.  I can’t believe it took me so darn long to knit Clapotis.  I had to have been the last darn knitblogger to even start one.  I can think of oh so many other ways to make it.  Would be a perfect pattern in the laceweight variegated cashmere that Kristen so nicely showed me at Modern Yarn last night.  Can you imagine it?  Or all that HandpaintedYarn.com laceweight that I have about.  I’m so definitely getting Brooks Farm yarn to make another one… and do need to track down where that Artyarns Ultramerino got off to when I moved.  I’m so wearing this to Rhinebeck.

Tomorrow Deb and I are taking the twins to the Garden State Sheep Breeders festival in Ringoes, NJ.  Wish Ina some luck, this newbie spinner is entering some gorgeous things in the competition.

Have a great weekend!

Tags: Adult

• 1 Nancy // Sep 15, 2006 at 12:12 pm

I don’t think you were reading my blog in 2005 when I finished my Clapotis. Like I had said it’s in Four Play and I think it is my absolute favorite knit item that I kept for myself.

Here’s a link, http://bronxgirlknits.blogspot.com/2005_02_01_bronxgirlknits_archive.html.
    it was way before Blogger got permalinks;) so scroll down to February 14th.

• 2 Carole // Sep 15, 2006 at 12:29 pm

Clapotis is terrific! I hope you and Deb and the kids have a blast tomorrow.

• 3 margene // Sep 15, 2006 at 12:38 pm

I didn’t block my Clap as I wanted it to curl a little. It rolls up to work as a scarf or I can wear it like a shawl. Enjoy yours…it’s beautiful!

• 4 Nancy J // Sep 15, 2006 at 12:54 pm

Woo Hoo! Congrats! Beautiful job! I am so proud of you for finishing this! And, it occurred to me that you tend to finish items for yourself that are in oranges and browns….hmmm… Have fun tomorrow and hope you/Deb get some great pix!

• 5 Chris // Sep 15, 2006 at 1:18 pm

ummm… no, y ou’re not the last to knit Clapotis. I haven’t knit one, don’t have one on the needles. Yeah, I’m kinda slow on fashion trends. Guess I should just do it, huh?

• 6 Eva // Sep 15, 2006 at 1:40 pm

Me neither… I’ve not made one and probably won’t… I never liked the Clapotis 🙂

But yours is gorgeous 🙂 LOL I also like the fact that the 3 cats are on or by the bed again LOL…
    Cheers Eva

• 7 JessaLu // Sep 15, 2006 at 2:23 pm

Holy crap! It’s finished! It looks great!!

• 8 --Deb // Sep 15, 2006 at 6:25 pm

It looks gorgeous! One of these days, I really need to make one of those….

• 9 Kris // Sep 15, 2006 at 9:32 pm

Yay Risa! It’s gorgeous. I am in awe! Wish I could see it at GSSB (maybe it will be chilly enough to wear it there too) but we’ll be in Ringoes on Sunday instead. Good luck to Ina!

It’s great having you back on a regular posting schedule. A sign that things are settling down in your life to a nice dull roar?

• 10 Heidi // Sep 15, 2006 at 10:40 pm

Geez, Risa, you are the Tasmanian Devil of knitting! I can’t believe you finished that so fast! How many yards did it take? I am now thinking of using some of my handspun instead of buying yarn (gasp) so I’m curious about the yardage!

Heidi

• 11 Mary // Sep 16, 2006 at 11:11 am

I made my Clap in Brooks Farm Four Play and just love it! Bought the yarn at Rhinebeck last year and their yarn is just so scrumptious, it was hard to choose. Enjoy!

• 12 Jennifer // Sep 16, 2006 at 6:25 pm

Don’t block it! It looks great and I think blocking killed my clapotis. It lost its life–its je ne sais quoi…

• 13 Robin // Sep 16, 2006 at 11:18 pm

Nope, I think I’m the last one to start a Clapotis!! Yours is beautiful! I just started mine and have done about 20 rows. I have this horrible fear that when done, I’ll try to undo the stitches and it will only undo halfway or so because of a mistake!! Doing mine out of the Blue Heron that has a bit of metallic in it.